MIYAWAKI opened its doors in 1933 and began designing effective steam traps for industrial use. In 1949, after extensive experiments and tests, MIYAWAKI developed an entirely new type of steam trap, with a “Duplex”-type valve, a double-ported valve.
In the following years, the design was further refined and sales soared to the point where by 1953, MIYAWAKI Steam Trap Manufacturing Co., Ltd. was able to incorporate. Along with the development and sales of products other than steam traps, the name has changed to MIYAWAKI Inc. in April 1986.
To emphasize the growing international activities of MIYAWAKI Inc., the subsidiary company MIYAWAKI GmbH was established in Germany in June 1991. In the 1990s, the network of sales representatives around the world was enlarged considerably.